Investors cheered the US consumer spending report that showed the economy grew modestly in the third quarter and inflation eased. Wall Street also is betting on the central bank dialling down on big interest-rate hikes.
31 Oct 2022, 08:04:41 AM IST
Angel One Rollover Report for October-November: Maintain positive bias and consider dips as a buying opportunity
Sneha Seth, Derivatives Research Analyst, Angel One Ltd:
– Rollover for Nifty and BankNifty stood at 76% and 77% respectively
– FIIs covered shorts and rolled-over longs in the November series
– Banking index starting new series with low base
– Maintain positive bias and consider dips as a buying opportunity
– Nifty rollovers below the three-month average
– FIIs ‘Long Short Ratio’ surged from 13% to 59%
– Stronger hands rolled over bullish bets
31 Oct 2022, 08:01:26 AM IST
Two new Covid sub-variants spark concern
Scientists have detected two new virulent sub-variants of Omicron spreading covid-19 infection in India, weeks after sounding the alarm over two others in the run-up to festivities.
A total of 233 cases of sub-variants XBB and seven cases of XBB.1 have been found in various pockets to add to infections caused by the BF.7 and BF.5.1.7 strains detected earlier.
Indian SARS-CoV-2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) experts said XBB and XBB.1 are perhaps the most immune-evasive variants to date and evade the immune response of vaccines currently being used to treat Covid. (Read More)
31 Oct 2022, 08:00:24 AM IST
NTPC's profit dips 7.4% in second quarter
State-run power giant NTPC posted a 7.4 per cent decline in its profit after tax to ₹3,417.67 crore for the quarter ended September 30, against ₹3,977.77 crore in the year-a...