Domestic stocks may see a positive start to Friday's trade, as positive data on weekly US jobless claims helped Wall Street stocks gain overnight and suggested the world's largest economy was recovering well. The day will be a busy one for investors, as four Nifty50 companies will report quarterly earnings during the day. Sugar stocks could be in focus after the government cut subsidies on exports. Here's breaking down the pre-market actions:
STATE OF THE MARKETS
SGX Nifty signals positive start
Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange traded 127 points, or 0.85 per cent, higher at 15,065 signaling that Dalal Street was headed for a positive start on Friday.
- Tech View: Nifty50 formed a bearish candle on the daily scale on Thursday.
- F&O: India VIX moved up 1.72% to 19.65 levels on Thursday.
Asian stocks gain in early trade Asian markets rose in early trade on Friday, taking cues from Wall Street.
- South Korea's Kospi rose 0.3 per cent
- Japan's Nikkei gained 0.97 per cent
- Australian S&P/ASX 200 index added 0.31%
- Hang Seng edged 0.10% lower.
- China's Shanghai Composite rose 0.3%
US stocks settled higher Stock indices rose around the globe on Thursday, with the S&P500 index climbing more than 1 per cent led by sharp gains in technology shares.
- Dow Jones rose 188.11 points, or 0.55%
- S&P500 gained 43.44 points, or 1.06%
- Nasdaq added 236.00 points, or 1.77%
Dollar heads for weekly loss The dollar was pinned near milestone lows on Friday, and headed for a weekly loss, as traders' initial concerns at taper talk in Federal Reserve minutes ebbed - with actual tapering seeming distant - while pandemic recovery boosted other currencies.
- Euro traded at $1.2228 vs dollar
- British pound at $1.4186 vs dollar
- The yen at 108.83 vs dollar
- Offshore yuan at 6.4324 vs dollar
4 Nifty cos to report Q4 results today SBI, JSW Steel, Shree Cements,
, United Spirits, Container Corporation of India,
Consumer, Dr Lal Pathlabs,
, Ircon International and Birlasoft are among companies which will announce their March quarter results today.
DIIs sell Rs 876 cr worth shares Net-net, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) turned net buyers of domestic stocks to the tune of Rs 71.04 cror...