Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on May 20

1 month ago 44

Good morning! Here are our top stories to kick-start your Friday, May, 20. 

All S'pore Covid-19 cases in April were of the Omicron variant

99% were the sub-variant BA.2 and its lineages while the remaining 1% was the BA.1 sub-variant.

READ MORE HERE

Covid-19 brings families closer but there are changes in family structures: DPM Heng

Marriage rates have declined over the past two decades, and couples are having fewer children.

READ MORE HERE

Five-room HDB flat in Henderson Road with 96 years remaining lease sold for record $1.4 million

The 113 sq m flat sits between Redhill and Tiong Bahru MRT stations.

READ MORE HERE

The mandarins who support the ministers

While much attention has focused on political succession, renewal in the civil service is equally important, says associate editor Chua Mui Hoong. 

READ MORE HERE

Read Entire Article