- Amazon has launched new enhanced mental health benefits providing Amazon employees and their families with additional free mental health and well-being support
- The service includes free life coaching and other mindfulness resources in addition to traditional Employee Assistance Program elements such as free one-on-one sessions
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – 24 March 2022 – Amazon Singapore has today launched a new mental health benefits package that provides its employees and their families with personalised, convenient, and confidential mental health and well-being support. The new service provides holistic mental well-being support with services such as life coaching, legal and financial support, and mindfulness resources available in addition to the traditional Employee Assistance Program services such as counselling sessions.
“Access to mental health care has become increasingly important as we all continue to navigate different everyday challenges,” says Henry Low, Country Manager, Amazon Singapore. “Our intent is to remove barriers and unnecessary stigma around getting help and ensure our employees and their families feel safe and supported. In providing a range of services, as well as regular dialogue with employees about mental health, we hope to help in every way we can.”
Through the new Employee Assistance Program, Amazon employees and their families have access to several free resources:
- Life coaching sessions with a certified wellness coach to help navigate life transitions and maximise personal and professional growth.
- Access to webinars, personalised advise and resources on topics including career development, travel and leisure, parenting, healthy living, consumer tips, personal growth and coping following a natural disaster.
- Interactive self-care programs, including computerised Cognitive Behavior Therapy, mindfulness resources, and courses that guide individuals through self-paced, evidence-based treatment for anxiety, stress, depression, substance use, sleep troubles, and more.
- Free one-on-one counselling sessions for employees and their families, with access to three sessions per person, per topic with the option to be in-person, via phone, video, or text.
- Crisis and suicide-prevention support and access to a licensed mental health clinician any time of day or night.
- Work-life assistance for everyday needs, including help wit...